We’re living longer, healthier lives, and that includes the reasonable expectation that if we take proper care of our teeth, they will take care of us for years to come. Our friendly dentist at Caring Dental believes in encouraging a strong oral hygiene routine for our patients. Let us be your partners in preserving the look, feel and function of those pearly whites!
Here are a few simple recommendations for preventing tooth decay and gum disease that we urge our patients to add to their daily routines:
- Brush before bedtime: It’s recommended to brush your teeth at least twice a day, but it’s extra-important to remember to brush before going to sleep, to clean away a day’s worth of accumulated food particles carrying germs and bacteria, which cause plaque buildup and tooth decay.
- Get the routine: Your tooth brushing routine should take care to cover all inner and outer chewing surfaces with a gentle, circular motion. And don’t forget to include your tongue!
- Floss and fluoride: Always include dental floss in your brushing routine to rid the mouth of food particles and to stimulate the gums. And use a toothpaste that contains fluoride, a proven barrier against cavities.
- Drink up: Make water your go-to beverage for washing away food particles. An added bonus is that many public water supplies contain fluoride.
- Go natural: Add fresh, crunchy fruits and vegetables to your diet instead of processed, ready-to-eat foods. Fresh produce is higher in fiber and better for your teeth.
- Twice is nice: While you’re doing your best to protect your teeth, twice-a-year professional checkups with our dental team are absolutely essential for meticulously cleaning your teeth and spotting potential trouble spots before they become serious.
Maintaining a robust oral hygiene regimen is simple, but it requires commitment, consistency and the attentive, professional care provided by the friendly team at Caring Dental. Please contact us today for an appointment!
By Caring Dental Associates
November 28, 2022